CHIMPS TREK IN BUDONGO FOREST – 2 DAY
2 Days Chimps Trek in Budongo Forest Kaniyo Pabidi, this reserve is located in Murchison Falls National Park with 793 square kilometers of which only 53percent forest and the rest grassland. Budongo Forest boasts of a high biodiversity with 24 species if small animals 9 of which are primates, 465 species of trees and shrubs, 359 species of birds, 289 species of butterflies and 130 species of moths. The forest is renowned for its high number of mahogany trees and chimpanzees. The forest is believed to contain some 600-700 chimpanzees.
The 2 days itinerary for Chimpanzee Tracking Tour in Budongo Forest, Kaniyo Pabidi – A perfect two day Mini-Safari from Kampala if you want to see Chimpanzees in the abundance Wild and have limited time.
Day 1: Kampala – Budongo Forest
We depart Kampala at 7 am and arrive near 11 am Budongo Eco Lodge where you check in at either in the dormitory or self contained room for the day. This is a most delightful area of Murchison Falls National Park. Budongo Forest is an oasis of tranquility where one can truly feel at one with nature. This is the oldest Mahogany Tree Forest in East Africa – and steps have been taken to preserve this most wonderful forest with its tall and majestic trees. The Forest has been under constant threat by loggers out to make a few shillings instead of looking to the future and preserving this magnificent forest for future generations. Budongo Forest will seem like an oasis to you, the quiet being broken by the sounds of birds, primates nearby – very different from a forest in North America or Europe. Certainly a place to come and spend a couple of days in peace with creation.
Get settled into your quarters and have lunch at the Budongo Eco Lodge included in the safari price: After lunch take a guided forest walk and discover the beauty of this awesome place yourself.
• Guided Forest Walk of 1 1/2 hours in length can easily be done.
• 3 hour guided Birding Adventure
• Guided Forest Walk 3 to 4 hours in length
Dinner at Budongo Eco Lodge – sit on the porch of your lodging and take in the evening in this lovely part of Uganda in the midst of the Budongo Forest
Day 2: Budongo Forest – Back to Kampala
Breakfast in Budongo Forest – Chimpanzee Tracking a three to four hour small group experience visiting some of the habituated Chimpanzees of Budongo Forest- spending an hour with them and observing them. Each day, chimpanzees like gorillas move to another location for the night building new nests for that day. Budongo Forest is a project of both the Jane Goodall Institute and Uganda Wildlife Authority. Enjoy your time with the chimpanzees.
Lunch at Budongo Eco Lodge.
Depart for Kampala and return in the late afternoon.
End of Budongo Forest Tour
Accommodation is based on a standard double/ twin or single room in your choice of accommodation. This can either be budget, mid-range or high end. All accommodation options are selected by its location and service standard compared to its price. When you are with 1, 3 or 5 persons 1 single supplement is included. When you want more single supplements you can contact us at [email protected]
Tour Price For 2 Day Lake Mburo National park (These prices are just suggestive and may be lower or higher than the suggested.
|No. of Persons on tour||Lowest Price per
person in US Dollars
- Mahogany Forest
- Budongo Forest
- Chimpanzee Tracking Experience
- January to March: Hot and dry, an excellent time of year to be on safari in Uganda.
- April and May: Uganda’s long rainy season when many camps are closed. Rains tend to be in the morning and late afternoon.
- June to September: Temperatures climb rapidly and this is a fantastic time of year for gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- October to December: Another great time of year to be on safari, you can get some rain in November but temperatures are favourable and conditions are ideal for game viewing.
- Transport in a 4wd safari motor vehicle for excellent safari view viewing
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- Full board accommodation with all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Bottled drinking water on safari, private 4×4 ground transportation with an English
- speaking driver guide, guides in national parks
- Meals according to the program
- Entrance to Lake mburo national Park including Vehicle
- International air fares;
- Entry visa Uganda;
- Accommodation in Kampala
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).