CHIMPS TREK IN KIBALE FOREST – 2 DAY
2 Days Chimps Trek in Kibale Forest National Park with chimpanzee tracking tour in Kibale national park and the major attractions in this park are chimpanzees; the delightful apes are the most closest to human beings than any other living creature. These can be seen swinging in the tree branches as one trek through the forest trails. This will also includes tracking 13 primates in Kibale and holiday and both luxury lodges, hotels and budget low price accommodation camps.
Uganda’s 2 Days Chimps Tracking Tour in Kibale Forest National Park Safari.
Day 1: Briefing and Transfer to Kiabale Forest
Briefing on the safari as we drive to Kibale National Park for Chimps
Briefing on the safari before we drive westwards towards Fort Portal to the Kibale Forest National Park (about 5 hours). Traveling on both asphalt and unpaved roads, you pass through traditional Ugandan Villages where you see people at work tending their traditional crops of millet, sorghum, beans and maize. The lush rolling hills of this region provide good “photo opportunities”. As you approach Fort Portal in the foothills of the Rwenzori Mountains, you enter Uganda’s famous tea plantation region. A carpet of green spreads before you, as far as the eye can see, and seems an unusual contrast to the countryside through which you have just passed. You arrive at Fort Portal, then, continue toward Kibale Forest, one of the great African rainforest research reserves. Years of study by scientists (who have cut a grid through the forest) have habituated many of its animals to human observers. This forest is famed for the variety of primates found here and it is a terrific area for birds. This rural Ugandan town (Fort Portal) is locally famous for its weaving and basketry, and we can spend some time briefly to examine some of this local art.travel-explore-africa-chimpanzee-photo
In the afternoon we visit a nearby forest swamp that is excellent for viewing primates and other forest animals. At the Eastern edge of Kibale forest is Bigodi Wetland sanctuary which is maintained by the local community. You will expect birds like the great Blue turaco, blue monkeys, baboons, otters, mongoose, bush bucks, bush pigs and among others.
Day 2: Chimp Trekking in Kibale Forest
Chimpanzee tracking, tracking over 12 primates in Kibale Forest National Park
Assemble at Kanyankyu River camp at 0800hours to go for the most popular activity in this park which is Chimpanzee tracking. Chimpanzees are man’s closet cousins though they are one of the most threatened primate’s species. More primates like Black and white Columbus monkeys, L’Hoest Monkeys, Grey cheecked Mangabey, Red tailed monkeys, bush babies, pottos and many bird species like the yellow spotted nicator, rumped tinker bird, Little greenbul, green breasted pitta, the crowned eagle, black bee eater and mammals like Elephants can be seen in this walk.
Depart from the Chimps Trek Park Kibale Forest, transfer to Kampala
Up-market option: Kyaninga Lodge or Ndali Lodge / primate lodge kibale / Kibale safari lodge
Moderate option: Kibale Forest Camp
Low Budget option: Chimpanzee Forest Guesthouse;
Meals Included: Lunch and Dinner at the Lodge.
Accommodation is based on a standard double/ twin or single room in your choice of accommodation. This can either be budget, mid-range or high end. All accommodation options are selected by its location and service standard compared to its price. When you are with 1, 3 or 5 persons 1 single supplement is included. When you want more single supplements you can contact us at [email protected]
Please see other accommodation options in Kibale forest national park
Tour Price For 2 Days Kibale Forest National park (These prices are just suggestive and may be lower or higher than the suggested.
|No. of Persons on tour||Lowest Price||Mid-Range||Luxury|
|single room supplement||$20||$34||$150|
- Mahogany Forest
- Budongo Forest
- Chimpanzee Tracking Experience
- January to March: Hot and dry, an excellent time of year to be on safari in Uganda.
- April and May: Uganda’s long rainy season when many camps are closed. Rains tend to be in the morning and late afternoon.
- June to September: Temperatures climb rapidly and this is a fantastic time of year for gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- October to December: Another great time of year to be on safari, you can get some rain in November but temperatures are favourable and conditions are ideal for game viewing.
- Transport in a 4wd safari motor vehicle for excellent safari view viewing
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- Full board accommodation with all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Bottled drinking water on safari, private 4×4 ground transportation with an English
- speaking driver guide, guides in national parks
- Meals according to the program
- Entrance to Lake mburo national Park including Vehicle
- International air fares;
- Entry visa Uganda;
- Accommodation in Kampala
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).