LAKE MBURO SAFARI – 2 DAYS
This 2 Days Lake Mburo National Park Tour takes you to Lake Mburo National Park for wildlife viewing, bird watching, giraffes, zebras, boat ride and guided nature walk. The Park contains an extensive area of wetland and harbours several species of mammals including zebras, impalas, elands, giraffes, topi and buffaloes. The bird population is also impressive including the rare Shoebill stork. Lake Mburo National Park is the only place in Uganda where Impala can be found and the best place to see large herds of Elands African’s largest Antelopes.
Day 1: Briefing on the safari, transfer to Lake Mburo National Park
Lake Mburo Tour – Leopard sighted in Lake Mburo Nationa ParkMeet and greet with our local guide over breakfast, and then after we drive heading to southwestern Uganda. En route, there is a local community popular for making local drums and crafts and a fruit market. Stopover, admire and buy yourself souvenirs. Proceed to the Equator line taken as one beautiful scenery in Africa – the pathway of the sun and take photographs. Early afternoon, arrive in Lake Mburo for a lunzerba-l.Mbulo-N.Parkch in the park grounds as you marvel at the game and birds within the park. Take a game drive in the afternoon and look out for zebras, topis, buffalo, elland, impala, water hogs, waterbucks etc
Day 2: Lake Mburo National Park/ Return to Kampala
Rise early for breakfast before a short drive to the Lake Mburo Rwonyo Park Headquarters. This has often been a good chance of seeing hyenas coming back to their dens, hippos walking back to the water, you will see buffalo, zebra, impala and topi and with a bit of luck maybe even a sitatunga, an antelope rarely seen living in the papyrus swamps. After your early morning activities, return the lodge for a late breakfast on the wooden decking overlooking the water hole. Before lunch you can relax at the pool, the bar area or enjoy the privacy of your room. In the afternoon you can go on a game drive to Kazuma Look-out Point with a stunning view onto 9 of the lakes surrounding this Park. On your way you will see most of the animal species occurring in Lake Mburo National Park. The walk oOn Uganda Tour – Tourist Seeing Wild Lions Mating and Leopard Hunting in Queen elizabeth National Parknto Kazuma Look-out Point is steep but short and extremely rewording and should not be missed when visiting this Park.
Afterwards, we bid farewell to the park’s friendly staff as we depart for Kampala. We drive through a magnificent hilly country and lush cultivation on an approximately four-hour journey. En route we will stop at the Equator for photographs and ‘polar-water experiment’, then a local community popular for making local drums (Mpabire Village), gardens, crafts shops and fruit markets.
We will be in Kampala in the evening before for your flight back home.
Accommodation options available (all on full board basis)
Up-market: Mihingo Lodge / Mantana Tented Camp/ Archadia Cottages
Moderate: Lake Mburo Safari Lodge/ Rwakobo Rock
Low Budget: Rwonyo Campsite / Eagle’s nest lake mburo
Accommodation is based on a standard double/ twin or single room in your choice of accommodation. This can either be budget, mid-range or high end. All accommodation options are selected by its location and service standard compared to its price. When you are with 1, 3 or 5 persons 1 single supplement is included. When you want more single supplements you can contact us at [email protected]
Please see other accommodation options in Lake Mburo national park
Tour Price For 2 Lake Mburo National park (These prices are just suggestive and may be lower or higher than the suggested.
|No. of Persons on tour||Lowest Price
|single room supplement||$25||$322||$494|
- The Equator
- Game Drive.
- Boat Cruise
- January to March: Hot and dry, an excellent time of year to be on safari in Uganda.
- April and May: Uganda’s long rainy season when many camps are closed. Rains tend to be in the morning and late afternoon.
- June to September: Temperatures climb rapidly and this is a fantastic time of year for gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- October to December: Another great time of year to be on safari, you can get some rain in November but temperatures are favourable and conditions are ideal for game viewing.
- Transport in a 4wd safari motor vehicle for excellent safari view viewing
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- Full board accommodation with all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Bottled drinking water on safari, private 4×4 ground transportation with an English
- speaking driver guide, guides in national parks
- Meals according to the program
- Entrance to Lake mburo national Park including Vehicle
- International air fares;
- Entry visa Uganda;
- Accommodation in Kampala
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).