GORILLAS AND WILDLIFE SAFARI | 6 DAYS
The 6 Days Gorilla & Wildlife Safari takes you to Bwindi impenetrable national park, this park is a home to half of mountain gorillas. It is noted that Bwindi protects like 400 species of mountain gorillas and it has now 10 gorilla families launched for gorilla trekking safari, gorilla tours. More activities to encounter at this park include the bird watching, nature walk safaris, and the Batwa cultural performances! After this experience visit the Queen Elizabeth national Park for wildlife viewing and unforgettable boat cruise along the Kazinga channel with connects the Ramsar Lake George to Lake Edward and much wildlife and birds can be experienced!
DAY 1: Kampala – Bwindi Gorilla Park
After breakfast, meet our guide and thereafter transfer to Bwindi Gorilla Park via Masaka-Mbarara highway, with en-route stop over at the Uganda equator for snacks and photographs. Thereafter transfer to Agip Motel/Regency Hotel for the lunch. Later transfer to the park and upon your arrival checks in at your lodge, dinner and overnight at Accommodation options available (all on full board basis)
Up-market: Buhoma Lodge/ Mahogany Lodge
Moderate: Engagi Lodge/ Silverback Lodge / Gorilla Safari Lodge/ Lake Kitandara Camp
Low Budget: Travellers Rest Hotel, or Ruhija Gorilla Friends Camp or Buhoma Community Campground
DAY 2: Uganda Gorilla Trekking
After your breakfast, transfer to the park offices with your packed lunch, bottled mineral water, walkable trekking shoes, rain gears, sun screen, caps, insect repellent, for your briefing about the Gorillas and the forest as well, after the registration at the park offices get prepared in your group and after with the park guide enter into the jungle to search for the endangered mountain gorillas in the mist, when you meet the gorillas take 1 hour taking your amazing photographs and videos, have your packed lunch. Thereafter return to the park offices for your gorilla trekking certificates and if time allows take community tourism to the typical home of Bakiga, traditional healers, local breweries, local school and visit to the Batwa cultural crafts and performances, after to transfer to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Meal plan: F/B
DAY 3: Bwindi – Queen Elizabeth National Park
After breakfast, and with our packed lunch embark our safari vehicle and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park via the Ishasha southern sector famously known for its African tree climbing lions which can be spotted along the road on tree and this is with chance as they are game animals some time you may miss them hiding in bush. Take evening game drive in Ishasha sector looking for more wildlife species like the elephants, buffaloes, Uganda Kobs, Topi, Oribi, warthogs, bush pigs and thereafter drive to mweya peninsula for dinner and overnight at Up-market/
Luxury: Mweya Safari Lodgeor Katara Lodge
Mid-range: Queen Elizabeth Safari Lodge or Engazi Lodge
Budget price: Mweya Albertine Hostels or Simba Safari Camp
DAY 4: Game drive & Boat ride
Have breakfast or an early morning cup of coffee, after proceed to the Kasenyi mating group looking for several wildlife species like the lions, leopards, buffaloes, elephants, water and bush bucks, warthogs, bush pigs, Uganda Kobs and other types of antelopes. This experience takes 3-4 hours, after return to the lodge for the refreshment and lunch. Thereafter in the afternoon continue to the mweya peninsula at the information centre checking for your scheduled boat cruise along the Kazinga channel which connects the Ramsar Lake George to Lake Edward and while on cruise expect the clear view and panoramic photographs of wildlife and birds along the shores of the channel.
Thereafter return to the lodge for dinner and overnight, meal plan: F/B
DAY 5: Kyambura Gorge – Craters
After breakfast proceed to the Kyambura gorge for the chimpanzee walk in the gorge, but before you enter into the gorge take panoramic view of the gorge over the raised platform and amazing photographs can be shot.
Return to lodge for lunch, after in the evening drive visiting the craters and take unforgettable photographs as the sun downer.
Return to lodge for dinner and overnight, meal plan: F/B
DAY 6: Queen – Kampala
Have breakfast; take en-route game drive and visiting the Katwe Crater Lake to experience the exploration of salt. Thereafter with our lunch en-route drive back to Kampala to your lodge/hotel for dinner and overnight, meal plan: H/B-End of services
Accommodation is based on a standard double/ twin or single room in your choice of accommodation. This can either be budget, mid-range or high end. All accommodation options are selected by its location and service standard compared to its price. When you are with 1, 3 or 5 persons 1 single supplement is included. When you want more single supplements you can contact us at [email protected]velexploreafrica.com
- The Equator on-rout
- Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Kyambura Gorge for chimpanzee tracking .
- Tree-climbing lions of Ishasha sector in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Game Drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Boat Cruise in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- January to March: Hot and dry, an excellent time of year to be on safari in Uganda.
- April and May: Uganda’s long rainy season when many camps are closed. Rains tend to be in the morning and late afternoon.
- June to September: Temperatures climb rapidly and this is a fantastic time of year for gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- October to December: Another great time of year to be on safari, you can get some rain in November but temperatures are favourable and conditions are ideal for game viewing.
- Transport in a 4wd safari motor vehicle for excellent safari view viewing
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- 1 gorilla permit per person.
- Your choice of accommodation as listed in the program
- Meals according to the program;
- Park-entrance fees Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- International air fares;
- Entry visa Uganda;
- Accommodation in Kampala
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).